My other hobby

Ty Adams

KNIFE MAKER
I have not been working on knives much lately while trying to get ready for a match that my wife and I attend every year. This year there were 600 shooters. Total round count for the match was just under 500 rounds per person. We came home to lousy weather, and I had the day off. So I decided to share a couple of videos. Sorry for the poor cell phone videos.

[video=youtube_share;ID1mpRbOC0c]https://youtu.be/ID1mpRbOC0c[/video]

Well done! Looks like you've done this a time or two, LOL.

Yep 1 or 2 times.
Steve it's a CK Arms 2011 in 38 supercomp. They are a high cap version of the 1911. All the parts are interchangeable except for the lower grip frame. Springfield makes one of the best 1911 out there. My carry gun is a loaded model only blued. Keep lots of oil on the frame rails stainless guns don't like to run when their dry.

Justin it is a lot of fun. There are USPSA clubs all over the country. Just a warning it's addictive.

Shooting is such a fun hobby, and a great way to become poor! I was so happy to discover knifemaking. It's the first hobby I've ever had that pays for itself. Shooting requires a second job. Heck, my daughter's 4H shooting burns up a good chunk of my knifemaking profits! The saving grace is that 2,000 rounds a month of .22 is only a few hundred bucks. Her getting into shooting has gotten me back to being way more active, too. Every time I start thinking about it my wallet starts to hurt.

Last edited:
Shooting is such a fun hobby, and a great way to become poor! I was so happy to discover knifemaking. It's the first hobby I've ever had that pays for itself. Shooting requires a second job. Heck, my daughter's 4H shooting burns up a good chunk of my knifemaking profits! The saving grace is that 2,000 rounds a month of .22 is only a few hundred bucks. Her getting into shooting has gotten me back to being way more active, too. Every time I start thinking about it my wallet starts to hurt.
You make money knifemaking?.....LOL

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

After two years of stealing from my family bank account... I can finally say YES! Knives paid for Christmas this year. But there's no talk of quitting the day job! (and the dog still gets what's on sale.)

Yep 1 or 2 times.
Steve it's a CK Arms 2011 in 38 supercomp. They are a high cap version of the 1911. All the parts are interchangeable except for the lower grip frame. Springfield makes one of the best 1911 out there. My carry gun is a loaded model only blued. Keep lots of oil on the frame rails stainless guns don't like to run when their dry.

I just googled images of that CK, that's a pretty sweet looking race gun.
Yea, my semi autos are usually dipping oil when I shoot the Ha ha. I'm pretty anal about cleaning them too.

True story there. Shooting does hurt the wallet. I think the reason my wife is so supportive of my knife making is the fact that I cut back on shooting.
John are you and your daughter shooting 4 position? If so my hats off to you. It takes so much patience. As you can tell I have no controlled breathing when I am shooting.:noway:

Bah, you're shooting looks fantastic. Breathing control is a whole lot harder to accomplish when you are running around a practical pistol course with the clock ticking than it is in position shooting! Yes, we are doing 4 position and specifically Sporter Rifle. I'm getting her started in CMP matches this summer. It's so much fun having something she and I can do together, and Sporter Rifle doesn't break the bank.

Back