Wrought iron

I've got a pretty good supply of it. I have not etched any of it, but it is pretty good stuff I'm told. It all came from a friend of mine who worked for the railroad, and he said they didn't skimp on quality. What size are you looking for? I should be able to help you out.

I'll check and see what I have that's close to that and get back to you later today. Can you forge it to size or do you need it close to the size you stated?

Hi Fred,
I found the following sizes this afternoon. Let me know which one works best for you and I'll mail it tomorrow.
1/2" x 2"
3/4" x 2"
3-4" x 2-1/2"
I can get about 8" into a flat rate box. Do you want a couple pieces? PM me your address.
Glad I could help you out.
Jim

The 3/4'' x 2 1/2'' will work fine Jim let me know what the postage and cost is so I can get it to you , I will PM my address.

Thank's a ton Jim , here is a pix of the rough forged blade , edge length 10'' over all length 11''. As you can see I hate forging the tang it will require a little more work.IMG_1379.jpg

Here is the Bowie after the rough grind and almost ready for heat treat still needs a clay jacket for the harmon.IMG_1380.jpgIMG_1393.jpg

Back