Hello Missouri

Hubbarf

Hello, my name is Ron and I am just getting started in knife making as a hobby. Bought me a Grizzly 2x72, a bunch of belts and some 1084 steel from New Jersey Steel Baron. This hobby is ridiculously difficult but very addicting. Reminds me of learning to play golf about 25 years ago. I have roached about 8 feet of steel so far and only have one 8" drop point that even closely resembles a knife I want to complete. Really struggling with grinding the bevels but am getting better ever time I try. I think it is going to take awhile....

Welcome Hubbarf!

Sounds like things are going just fine! I just made the golf comparison on a grinding thread an hour or so ago! Lol. It gets more fun as you go. Everyone has the same beginning story...

Welcome Ron,
What part of Missouri?

The speed on the grizzly is probably one of the factors contributing to the tough time grinding bevels, but some patience and practice will get you there.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hawk Point Missouri. Yes the grinder is fast, I'm trying to go slow me take my time.
Your on the wrong side of the state I'm just north of KC.
My grinder was fixed speed for awhile before I bought my VFD and like you said you just have to go easy and take your time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back