Logan Pearce: Floral Bowie

Caleb Royer

maker: Logan Pearce

"I planted some ivory, silver, and Damascus and this is what grew. My floral Bowie!

There are a lot of things that I was trying out for the first time in this knife. For starters the guard was etched in a gold based acid that bonded to the Damascus. That is what the gold colors are on the guard. The black on the handle is my first try at enameling. I tried to embed gold in the enameling.

The flower is a carved and checkered piece of walrus ivory that I captured during a game of tag between @pigsticker73 and @fisk_knives

I took my silver filigree work a different direction to fit into the theme of this one. Creating vines and flowers out of them. It was an interesting and fun project! I learned a lot from it and plan on taking it to the next level from here on my silver work.”

Specs:
Blade material: 200 layered stretched W pattern Damascus out of 1080/15N20.
Handle material: Silver backing, with black enamel. 300 pieces of floral silver filigree. Six 24ct gold washed floral pieces. Carved and checkered walrus ivory.
Guard: Pierced and carved, 300 layered ladder pattern Damascus out of 1080/15N20. Etched in 14ct gold acid.
Blade length: 11 1/4"
Handle Length: 16 1/4”

Instagram: @pearceknives
Facebook: Pearce Knives

170328_Logan_Pearce_006.jpg

WOW!!!! That handle and guard are awesome! A knife that nice is a "safe Queen" for sure - NEVER dare take that to the woods. Display only! Great attention to detail... I don't mean to get carried away, but WOW!!!

Back