I have a problem a wood addiction problem

Some Buckeye I just received from J. Doyle...shoukd make a nice looking knife handle.
e97529ef5f558d4eeb74ea97f26a27b5.jpg
b80d61d184d4e1d1e9369ab6746b0c0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Justin those look good. The curl really sets them off. Buckeye is a beautiful wood. Can't wait to see what you make.

Brought back some nice wood from Blade. There were thousands of pieces to chose from.... I might be to picky. I only found 5 that I wanted.
IMG_20170606_184146121.jpg
Some spalted hackberry from Pete Crowl.

Something about this wood on the left caught my eye, if I remember right it is old growth Douglas fir, I just love the grain, it almost looks synthetic. The one on the right is some dyed curly mango.

b542d57990961bdeaf941c8f3825ed87.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Ty, was it just me or was there a huge shortage of koa at the show. I looked everywhere for some, but no luck. Didn't get any wood at blade, but I did pick up a couple nice sets of giraffe bone.

Something about this wood on the left caught my eye, if I remember right it is old growth Douglas fir, I just love the grain, it almost looks synthetic. The one on the right is some dyed curly mango.

b542d57990961bdeaf941c8f3825ed87.jpg

We need a like button. I almost don't have to type in beautiful pieces of wood. The phone does it for me.

Ty, was it just me or was there a huge shortage of koa at the show. I looked everywhere for some, but no luck. Didn't get any wood at blade, but I did pick up a couple nice sets of giraffe bone.

There was some Koa. It was way over priced and hard to find. I went back through the vendors booths looking for material for someone else. All the Koa was gone by Saturday afternoon. I have been at this for a very short time but it didn't take me long to figure out if you see Koa at a good price buy it.
The wood pusher on this forum :3: told me it is money in bank. Like a long-term investment.... It has proven to be some really good advice.

Last edited:
Back