New little utility/fighter/whatever you want to call it

Daniel Rohde

Hey Guys! Just finished a new pattern and want your thoughts!

Overall is 8 1/2"
Blade is 3 3/4"
Steel is 1095...I'm gonna start using some newer steels in my knives here soon also..just an FYI

Here she is:
32791489782_809c9b2d0a_c.jpg

32101666184_f7e025161a_c.jpg

32101669064_f19c66581f_c.jpg

32101667534_ea7c360be7_c.jpg

This was when I was shaping it...gives a good idea of the wood color
32791491902_2a33eefc9f_c.jpg

I'd really love some thoughts on the design! it was a fun one at least.

Looks great to me, bet it feels good in the hand too. That wood almost looks like cammo micarta or something, really interesting. I also really like the integrated lanyard loop, great execution.

I think it looks fantastic, Daniel. I agree with Anthony about that lanyard loop. That's a great idea. All around a beautiful knife.

really? did you etch it differently? i'm loving the ghosting along the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nailed it! The lanyard loop sets it over the top for me, I need to try that one of these days.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Aesthetically I do not care for the shape of the handle....however your ability to "Theme" a knife is amazing to me...and the craftsmanship you put into your blades is impeccable. The blade itself is absolutely lovely!

You are one of my favorite knife makers and your creativity seem to make you constantly stretch and grow. I only recently found out how young you are....I was flabbergasted! Then I called my 14 year old son who is just beginning to make knives up to my office to see some of your work. After showing him the details and designs (which he loved) I told him, "Oh yeah...this maker is 18 years old..." This was a great encouragement to him as he no longer thinks he has to be 60 to acquire fine knife making skills! It's one thing to hear dad say it...another to see it in action!

Thank you for sharing

really? did you etch it differently? i'm loving the ghosting along the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, I treated it the same...I'm a fan to BTW:p

Nailed it! The lanyard loop sets it over the top for me, I need to try that one of these days.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Thanks Justin! Its really a nice addition to most knives....I can't wait to see you back in the shop! I loved watching your work

Aesthetically I do not care for the shape of the handle....however your ability to "Theme" a knife is amazing to me...and the craftsmanship you put into your blades is impeccable. The blade itself is absolutely lovely!

You are one of my favorite knife makers and your creativity seem to make you constantly stretch and grow. I only recently found out how young you are....I was flabbergasted! Then I called my 14 year old son who is just beginning to make knives up to my office to see some of your work. After showing him the details and designs (which he loved) I told him, "Oh yeah...this maker is 18 years old..." This was a great encouragement to him as he no longer thinks he has to be 60 to acquire fine knife making skills! It's one thing to hear dad say it...another to see it in action!

Thank you for sharing

Thanks Ted! Fair enough:) The handle is a pretty aggressive shape...not everyone can like it-LOL. I'm so humbled to hear those words! thank you so much! That is really encouraging. That also very cool to hear about your son! It really just takes patience and practice and a resolve to not let "good enough" be good enough...though you'll never make completely good enough haha

Back