Upgraded to Google Chrome....arrrrgh.

Smallshop

KNIFE MAKER
I upgraded last night in a fit of optimism....

And now I cannot access Usaknifemakers site....Really google? So where I used jump from the forum page to the supplys page...can't. Can't even google it and go from there. It shows on google...but says it is taking too long to load. I have ripping fast internet....

any ideas? (unload chrome..lol?)

Don't know what your previous browser was, but all I can think of is that Chrome, by default, tries to be a "secure" browser.
I've used it for years, but initially had some of the same issues....until I dug into the documentation, and discovered that many of areas in the "settings" page are on by default.

If you go to the upper right of any page in Chrome, you'll see three dots. Click on that, then go down to "Settings" and click on that. That will open the settings page, and at the bottom in little blue print you'll see "Show Advanced Settings..." Click on that and there are a number of settings that may or may not be the issue(s). Every computer is slightly different, so you might have to take some time and figure out which setting(s) are causing the problem.

I think at least some of it has to do with what a person is used to.... I went from IE, to Firefox, and from Firefox to Chrome. Each initially gave me fits until I found the settings, and got everything working as I wanted. Overall, I find Chrome to be the fastest, best browser for my needs.

I tried Chrome for a few months while I messed around with the settings. In the end I decided it did not give me the control I have with Firefox so I went back.

I uninstalled Chrome and loaded firefox....same issue. when I try to access http://www.usaknifemaker.com/...it just spools and timesout...when I loaded chrome could it have "offended" the program at the knifedog supply site? Like perhaps it is now viewing my address as dangerous? I dunno....

Any ideas appreciated.

Back