Dremel

Rick Otts

Well I bought one of these things too help me with handle making.Now in videos I see guys using the lil drum sander attchment.Hey looks sweet but when I use it that lil piece of sandpaper walks back and forth on that drum.OK wat am I doing wrong?

You need to tighten that little screw down on the end of the drum to expand the rubber core against the inside of the sanding sleeve.

You need to tighten that little screw down on the end of the drum to expand the rubber core against the inside of the sanding sleeve.

Yeah
I have that screw on the end of the drum.I guess I will have too find a new one.And thank you!

Do you have the EZ drum by chance? That one doesn't use a screw/waster to expand the drum, but you slide it back and forth to lock/unlock the drum. I forget which way loosens and which way tightens, but you should be able to figure it out pretty easily.

If it looks like this:
5462e6b986889_346885n.jpg

then you have an EZ drum, and after sliding the abrasive roll over the drum, you push everything down (towards the dremel) and it should click/lock into place with a slightly expanded drum.

I thought I would be smart and buy drums on eBay 1/2 by 1/2. The coarse ones are oversized and do not fit. The fine and finer did work all right. Just be prepared for what you get.

At true value they have a drum set with four sizes in it and I chuck them in my Milwaukee drill or the drill press plus they carry the sanding drums right there witch is nice, think for the set of four it was only like ten dollars.

You can find any and all accessories for a dremel or flex-shaft at www.riogrande.com. The shank sizes come in 1/8" or/and 5/32". Make sure you get the right one for your machine.

Back