My Buyer Bailed

wmhammond

This is one of the reasons I don't take orders. A friend got me to take this order from a friend of his. 1/2 up front and 1/2 on completion. Well it's completed and he hasn't got the money. It was one of those, "Well, I'll take it if I have to but go ahead and sell it if you can. And, oh, by the way, if you do sell it can I have half my down payment back?" Don't think so, pardner, and, in the mean time, you better be coming up with the money. Anyway, it's not a bad knife so if you want it PM me. Here are the specs:

Blade material: CPM- 154 Stainless Steel Guard: None
Blade Treatment: None Butt Plate: African Black Wood
Blade Finish:Hand Sanded 400 grit Matt Finish Handle Length: 4 5/8”

Blade Hardness: 59 ( Rockwell “C” hardness Scale) Handle Spacer:None
OAL: 10” Handle Liner: African Black Wood
Blade Length: 5 1/4” Handle Material: Wych Elm Burl
Blade Width at Plunge Line: 1 5/8” Handle Pins:Stainless Steel
Blade thickness at Plunge Line: 5/32" Handle Finish: Danish Oil, Buffed and Waxed

Tang Treatment:Fill Tang Sheath: Hand Stitched Vegetable tanned cow hide
IMG_3342.jpgIMG_3343.jpgIMG_3345.jpgIMG_3346.jpgIMG_3347.jpg

Thanks,

Wallace

Last edited:
That's really nice work. I've been burned in the same manner and have gotten to the point that all "orders" are paid in full up front and there's a $100 minimum fee for cancelled orders. I tell all people that rule and if they don't like it they can walk. Pieces generally sell no matter what, but when you design something for a certain person it's quite insulting when they flake.

Good luck on the sell. If I had the money, I'd love to buy it just to see another great maker's work in person.

Thanks for the kind words. As often happens in a world created by God, this cloud had a silver lining. Sold it for more than the original price so I paid back by putting the guys down payment in the plate this Sunday. Told the guy so he could feel good about himself but I don't think he did. :).

Wallace

Well, it sounds like you made out and the original down will go to a great purpose. Perhaps that good deed from you will be returned 10 fold. I have to say that it lifted my heart to hear what you did with it and that you are a much better man than I. I'd have used it to buy more steel :lol:

That's a really nice knife. PM me with the balance due if you want to sell it for that amt. Paypal ready...

it's not a bad knife
That's the understatement of the year! That's a GREAT looking knife. I do like the lines, and if you don't mind I'd like to save a photo and perhaps make a very similar knife with those lines.

Ken H>

That's the understatement of the year! That's a GREAT looking knife. I do like the lines, and if you don't mind I'd like to save a photo and perhaps make a very similar knife with those lines.

Ken H>

Be my guest. Thank Gahagan for the blade shape and me for the handle design but I'm sure somebody has made it before. Nothing new on this earth. Thanks,

Wallace

That is beautiful. I don't see how he could let that go by him. The sheath is beautiful too. Glad to hear you got a good price for your trouble.

A guy backed out of one I made for him, but it wasn't close to being that clean. He may have been justified in backing out but I was only asking cost of materials.

Luke

Back