4 inch Hunter in Walnut

John Wilson

This is a 4inch Hunter in walnut that I just completed. Blade is AEB-L and the handle is figured walnut with black and white liners. This is a rare experiment for me. I am not usually happy with my finishes right off the belt, so this feels like stepping off the ledge to me.

I'm also playing with mixing leather dyes to come up with something new compared to my typical monocolor, dark sheaths. I was after a more rugged look all around.

IMGP0892.jpgIMGP0893.jpgIMGP0894.jpgIMGP0897.jpg

another nice one, I can see myself trying to draw a similar template , nice dimension and shape to it , nice job

YES YES YES! LOVE IT! Great job on that one John! Really impressed. I love the overall package-Really well done

another nice one, I can see myself trying to draw a similar template , nice dimension and shape to it , nice job

All I did was take my drop point and slant the nose instead of rounding it. I'd love to see your take on it.

I find this to be a useful all around knife shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice John! Really like the contrast the liners bring. I still have not sold a knife with a belt finish yet! I've had some that were very close, but couldn't resist hand sanding.

I'm glad to hear you guys say the belt finish looks good. I know you'd tell me if it didn't and that's why I posted it. I wanted honest feedback.

That is a nice one John. I really like the straight drop versus the rounded drop profile. That one is just a beauty.

Very nice John !, hey...Gator Cutlery Club show is next weekend in Lakeland, will I see you there?

Oh man! I didn't realize that was coming up. My son is performing in a concert but maybe I can work it out to do both. I really need to go to the show. I learned a lot last year from you and I really appreciate the time you spent talking to me and my son.

Thanks again to all of you for commenting. Jim, I'm liking that straight drop, too. I wasn't sure about it at first. (Kinda pocket knife-y looking)

Liners look cool... reminiscent of an old Wingmaster. Do the snaps wear on the knife handle during carry?

They don't really touch when you wear the knife. When you put it on your belt the weight of the knife blade causes the sheath to tilt outward ever so slightly. I imagine after many years you may have to touch up the finish on the snap or put a dab or two of tru oil on the handle if you're so inclined.

Back