If I only knew then....What I know now

"lighting!"

Sleestack...right there with ya!!

I am slowly converting all lights to LED....and I do mean slowly...LEDs are not cheap....but ohhhhhh what nice light! As I get older I need more light and brighter light. I find fluorescents fatigue my eyes pretty easy these days.

I have room for 3 new windows...4'x5' each. Light from the north and free once I get the windows put in. Again affordability is the issue. If I skip a vacation this year I can bask in the amazing light that will flood the shop....lol. Totally worth it!

You can only make things as nice as you can see them...

Last edited:
YES YES YES on lighting! I put in some LED floodlights so that I could aim them at my work stations. I also use portable LED desk lamps for my detail work. I went from working in a cave to needing a ballcap! Makes all the difference in the world.

I am slowly replacing all my incandescent and florescent lights with LED equivalents, yes, LED florescent tubes work fine. All of my flashlights are LED now. Pretty soon incandescent lights will become obsolete. You can thank technology for all of this.

If you get in touch with your power company they may send an energy saver kit filled with LEDs to help keep your bill down. The wife did that and now we have led floods and bulbs all over the house and shop

Last edited:
For me... if I would have known how much I would enjoy knife-making, and how fast my body was going to fall apart, I would have started the hobby about 20 years sooner. But that's hindsight for you, Ed. -and great idea for a thread -I'm all ears!

Wow, Bill do I SECOND THAT!!!!!
Most days, it's all I can do, IF I get to the shop, to sit there and stare at the walls..., just enjoying the familar smells, the sounds that, must have been there all along, but just never really noticed..., it's missed everyday! NOW!!!
Rex

Back