Multi-tool 2x48 belt grinder attachment

Rey

I have looking to buy this attachment for my delta 8" bench grinder variable speed. Does anyone know of someone using this or have knowledge of this product? It is sold by Tricktools.com and made in Austrailia, looks a it will hog off some steel. Rey

Thanks for the info. at least now I know somebody used it. I just may go for it and purchase the attachment. Rey

I have one with the 8" contact wheel and used it for making my knives before building the NWGS. It does spin fast and you will need to keep the water bucket close by for dipping. Its good for hogging lots of steel, the flat disc is useful and I use the other side for buffing.

Hello Gary, thanks for the info. and I know now that it is used by many knife makers as yourself. I will certainly order the 8" multitool attachment.

Andy Garrett has also used one, and makes great looking knives. He's posted on here before, so hopefully he'll see this and comment on how well it worked and any limitations.

Rey......I'm finishing up my KMG clone,and will be selling my like new Multi-tool 2x36 at a very good price

I made knives on a multi-tool with a 3" wheel for 2 years before I got my Bader III. I still use the multi-tool a lot for shaping handles and the disc for profiles.

Back