Just your basic Stacked Handled Knife

rwfred

This is my standard SHK forged to shape from 1095, Flat ground with a convex edge, Edge quenched and acid etched to reveal the temper line. Red White and Blue in the leather stack with a Axis deer Antler butt. 20161224_110846.jpg
20161226_133407.jpg
20161223_172218.jpg

Very nice. Stacked handles have always had a soft spot in my heart. I really like the forge finish/scale on the blade. Thanks for sharing.

Trenton

great design on that knife. i love stacked handles. Using the stacked leather with the antler looks great!

Thanks for the good and kind words about this SHK. Glad you can appreciate the contrast from the forged finish on the flats to the polished finish on the bevels. I love what Scagel came up with and this is just my poor take on that wonderful design. I'll try to share more photos when I remember.

Going to jump in with some unsolicited gushing. :biggrin:

I've got two of Reed's knives. One about the same size as the one above but with a butt plate and in nickel instead of brass and one about the size of a caping knife. Pics above don't do the justice. As beautiful as they are, they are (for me at least) users. The larger one is my woods knife and the small one is for game. I took the small one to Wyoming this past fall to field dress pronghorn. Had to psyche myself up to make myself use it on that first pronghorn though. It will be going every fall till I can't go any more.

Back