Set of Kitchen Knives

BrandantR

Here is a set of four kitchen knives that I made for my sweet wife as a Christmas gift. Actually, they turned out to be New Years gifts since I didn't quite make the December 25th deadline LOL. 440C steel, 416 dovetailed bolsters, and maroon linen Micarta scales. The block is made from oak, walnut and poplar. I made a few mistakes along the way, but the finished set came out alright. We've put them to the test in the kitchen and they seem to perform really well. They should be some great kitchen companions for years to come. Let me know what you think.

WIN_20161231_16_47_49_Pro.jpgWIN_20161231_16_51_23_Pro.jpgWIN_20161231_16_51_46_Pro.jpg

absolutely gorgeous! Even more, these will be first rate show pieces for your work to every person who comes over to your house. That slicer really jumps out at me for the great lines. I can imagine myself using it as soon as I look at it.

Those look great! I love the clean lines, and how the curved back of the knife block matches the curved back of all of the handles.

Thanks for sharing,

Trenton

Brandant
Saw this over on facebook. Happy wife = Happy life.
You did a great job on these.
She should stay happy to at least Valentine's Day. Hope you got something special planned...:3:
DeMo

Very nice (looks like a lot of work) I'm sure that she will be happy to have good quality knives that will hold an edge and last for a long time. Dan

Thanks for the nice words, folks. My sweetheart really loves them. I'm ready to get back to making folders now.

Back