knifedog awards

It's good to see some action in the awards section but we need some more nominations. I'm sure that there are lots of knives worthy of a nomination on here

Nice to see some more nominations. Think of this as your daily reminder to nominate a knife or knifemaker.

I'm going to lock up the nomination threads the last week in January. If anyone is on the fence about getting a knife or knifemaker nominated better sooner than later.

I'm going to lock up the threads on Friday guys. If you have been waiting to nominate a knife time is running out.

I sure wish a few more members would take the time to cast their vote. There are thousands of registered members on this site. The most votes on any category is 33.

Kind of a sad turnout! If you have not voted, please do so prior to February 25th. On the upside, you will get to see some of the nicest knives posted on KD in 2016, all in one place.

DeMo

Unless an email was sent most members likely don't know about it. Many people are sporadic with forums...life gets busy...etc.

I don't think it is lack of interest.

Last edited:
So, since there's more time, what's the odds of a guy like me beating a guy like John? :biggrin:
[video=youtube;zMRrNY0pxfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM[/video]

Like 1 in a million! Favorite line from Dumb and Dumber

I've been really bad about spending time on the forums this past year. IT seems that my time is more spent on Facebook. I know knifedogs has members there too, so I'm wondering if our awards thread is advertised there also, anybody know?

I know another factor is how people access the forum. In my case I do it exclusively by the Tapatalk app on my phone (no home internet atm, and the time factor also). I cannot see the polls/voting, only the nominations threads.

I know another factor is how people access the forum. In my case I do it exclusively by the Tapatalk app on my phone (no home internet atm, and the time factor also). I cannot see the polls/voting, only the nominations threads.
That always bugs me, not just this forum either all of them through Tapatalk you can't see polls.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm in the phone crowd too. My cheap phone makes the forms difficult. Posting a picture almost impossible.

How difficult would it be to move the awards next year to Facebook? That seems like a plan to me as there is more traffic by far. Tracy has a Facebook account there already. If nothing else maybe some high powered links to the awards thread here.

Last edited:
Back