• Sleestack

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Ty Adams

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
Post your nominations here. The nominee should have less than 2 years experience knifemaking. Please include a picture of the makers work

I'd like to nominate Sleestack for new builder. Sorry, don't know his real name, just his forum handle. He posted this knife as his first knife and I was very impressed.

vl7c9gW.jpg

I nominate Ty Adams. He has come a long way in a very short time and turning out some really nice knives:

Last edited:
I'd like to nominate Daniel Rohde. I met Daniel last August at the Knifedog Hammer-in. I've seen his work develop over the last couple of years, and considering he is 18 years old, I think he is one to keep an eye on. He is making some very fine knives.

Tell you what guys, this is tough. But I'm gonna second that vote Daniel Rohde, he's really got some clean lines and very nice choices of materials that compliment each other. I've been noticing his work a lot lately and really like it.

Wayne

I really think Ty Adams deserves this one this year. I'm not sure I even should be in the running for this anymore.

Actually I need to apologize for an oversight. Daniel won best new builder last year. We only want someone to win best new builder once. So again I'm sorry for not catching and correcting this earlier

Actually I need to apologize for an oversight. Daniel won best new builder last year. We only want someone to win best new builder once. So again I'm sorry for not catching and correcting this earlier
Thanks Brad! That's what I thought/ was trying to say. I hope Ty gets it this year! It would be well deserved.

Back