Dash cameras

bladegrinder

I just posted a couple pic. and while in photo bucket I thought I'd put these up.
I bought a new truck in 15 and shortly after installed a dash cam, the wife couldn't figure out why I wanted one of those but I'm on the road most of the day for my job... so I did. jump to right before last Thanksgiving....on my way to work some girl must have been texting and t boned me at an intersection. when the cops came, one came over to me and said she said I ran the red light and she was on the phone to "call Gary" our local TV scam lawyer. so I said, oh, really, why don't we look at my dash cam? YOU HAVE A DASH CAM ? he asked. so we pulled the sd card and looked at it right there. there were no witnesses...her word against mine.
At impact, my truck spun 180 degrees....thinking I was just bringing her thru the woods on a four wheel jaunt, then we went off to work. the girl that hit me refused a tow truck, left her totaled car on the side of the road, and tucked a $270.00 ticket in her purse. the police and my insurance company both got thumb drive copy's and I got my $250.00 deductible back.
also of note..this is one of the new F150s with the aluminum body. it took it pretty well, the running board and my rear tire put the death nell in her car. Anybody else here have a dash cam? I know a couple of my co workers bought one after they saw my video.
IMG_4488_zpsrjrnuanr.jpg

IMG_4489_zpspk8awryg.jpg

IMG_4491_zpspg1hs7bp.jpg

Last edited:
I have dash cam's in my personal and work vehicles. Also, I'm a Forensic Collision Reconstructionist for my real job, and nothing helps me out more than a video of what happened! Thanks for sharing your story. It would be great if more people had them. A little out of pocket expense for greater peace of mind, and possibly some savings via your insurance company!

Trenton

I don't even have trail cameras.

Ha ha, come on Calvin, your out of the loop !
I use four of them in my hunting woods, I like to see what's running around when I'm not there. I got my first bear picture in Nov. but none since.
I shot a doe and a five point so far this year, there's a nice 8 pt. on the camera's I'm hoping to get in a couple weeks.

Ha ha, come on Calvin, your out of the loop !
I use four of them in my hunting woods, I like to see what's running around when I'm not there. I got my first bear picture in Nov. but none since.
I shot a doe and a five point so far this year, there's a nice 8 pt. on the camera's I'm hoping to get in a couple weeks.

Yes, I know I'm out of the loop, I like it here.
I hope you get the eight point.

Back