New anvil

Looking for a "new" anvil actually I would prefer a Fisher Norris Eagle or Peter wright but. I'm open to other vintage/antique anvils I have new anvils I would like a functional piece of history though anybody know where I can get one???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'm assuming you mean new to you. The best way to find a good anvil these days is to do a patient search.... meaning to look, and look, and look, until you find something that you like. Also, you can't be afraid to travel a bit...or likely you'll spend a wad of cash on shipping. Spreading the word (like you're doing here) as far and wide as possible will help make the search easier, but it still requires patience.

A friend of mine just drove from MT to WA. state and brought home a brand new Nimba..... nice anvil. I'll keep an eye out for you, and will let you know if I find anything.

Let everyone you can think of know that you are looking for an anvil. You would be surprised were people find them. A friend of mine found me a #126 Hay Budden for $90 in 1 week.

Check your local auction house , I live in a rural farm community and I keep an eye on the farm auctions,

or province.....:9:

There's one in every bunch!!! SORRY lol,,,

My shops in Kentucky

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Well your not next door. I would think in your area with all the mining in the past you would be able to find some very fine old anvils. I enjoy hitting the flea markets and such. My problem is they are being sold as antiques. $$$$$$$ Just a rusty broken up pile of junk going for a very high price. I would like to know for myself what is a fare price. These days in many cases it does not go past,,, whatever the market will bear!

There's one in every bunch!!! SORRY lol,,,

Well your not next door. I would think in your area with all the mining in the past you would be able to find some very fine old anvils. I enjoy hitting the flea markets and such. My problem is they are being sold as antiques. $$$$$$$ Just a rusty broken up pile of junk going for a very high price. I would like to know for myself what is a fare price. These days in many cases it does not go past,,, whatever the market will bear!
Just found a 235 lb peter wright for $475 it's in good condition little to no restoration need to be usable good price or not?????

JW

Just found a 235 lb peter wright for $475 it's in good condition little to no restoration need to be usable good price or not?????

I'd drive from MT to KY for a deal like that!! I grew up in southern IN.....and all my wife's family is in Glasgow, KY....... there is blacksmithing gear all over the place around there!

Back