New to the knife making world

jimbobwashere

Hey everyone I am new to the world of knife making. I have been building a shop for the last year and I am finally almost able to get started. This is something that I have always wanted to do.

About me...I am from Northern California. I have been in the US military for the last 10 years. I have a little background in metalworking and a lot of construction and building before I joined.

it is great to be a part of this group and I look forward to learning all that I can.

-Jimbob

Welcome Jim and thank you for your service.

theres lots to learn about knife making and this is a great place to find a lot of the info. You should look around your area and I'd be willing to bet you have a knife maker(s) close to you. Buddy up to one of them it will help make the learning curve less challenging.

most of all, have fun.

Erik

Welcome to the forum. There are a whole bunch of great folks here, willing to help out. It's a great place for sharing your struggles and successes.

Welcome to the Knife Dogs Forum
60.gif

Welcome to the forum, if you have a gun and knife show in your area it is a good possibility there are makers there. Find the one close to you that is selling quality stuff an try and learn all you can from them.

Back