Sniper Aggression and Benghazi Warfighter

Stormcrow

Some recently finished blades, all in 80CrV2 steel, with marine epoxy-impregnated paracord over neoprene handle wraps and Kydex sheaths.

This blade was commissioned by a customer that wanted a rig similar to one I built for an Army sniper, as a gift for his dad. The blade is 12 1/2" long, with a black oxide finish. The top edge is fully sharpened and shaves hair, and the butt of the tang is exposed to give some hammering ability. :cool:

The sheath got a retention strap, a couple of MOLLE locks, and some extra paracord of the same color used for the handle wrap's overlay (the underlay is olive drab, though it looks black unless you look closely). Give you an idea how much the epoxy darkens the cord's colors.

The paracord is secured, but easily accessible. Even if the end comes untucked, it's not going to come loose.

And a couple of 7 1/4" Benghazi Warfighters that went off to different customers, one in tan over black and the other with black over black.

Those are beauties as well as useful tools. A bunch of my active an NG buddies agree that for EDC between 7.25" an 9" is the ideal size to where its usable and comfortable in uniform to carry.

Thanks, Walt! The Benghazi Warfighter is a long-term refinement of a knife I originally built for an airman to take with him on his SERE training. Since then I've ended up building a fair number for current and former military.

super nice work!

That Sniper Aggression is my idea of the perfect bush blade / SHTF edged weapon. A blade like that would have a permanent home in my go bag.

Thanks, John! That was pretty much the idea when the first one was ordered. The sniper who ordered it wanted to use it to make sniper hides and have as a backup weapon if need be. Like he said, he already had clippers but those sucked as a weapon and weren't nearly badass enough. :D

Raymond - Hah! :) The name comes from a series of big knives I've made. A Ranger sniper wanted a variation for himself, hence the name. But yes, this would be the sniper's secondary aggression.

Raymond - Hah! :) The name comes from a series of big knives I've made. A Ranger sniper wanted a variation for himself, hence the name. But yes, this would be the sniper's secondary aggression.

James, Just trying to jerk your chain.

I had my dad send me a Bowie I had made before I was in Vietnam. Before I got it I thought it might be something I needed over there but later tossed if from a Huey after I got tired of packing it.

I've been enjoying seeing you knife progression over the years. Who needs plunge cuts anyway........... :3:

Dang, Raymond! Don't think there's any way I'd toss one of mine off a helicopter. I'd leave it behind at base once I got back if anything. :( Would love to see what your work from then looked like.

Back