Advice on soldering a brass guard to a old saw blade knife?

wall e

I was given a knife blade with a guard fitted and soldered to it but the solder was cosmetic and ugly.
I found out after I smoothed the solder to fit scales on it and the guard moved as I bumped the scale against it.
Now I am in above my head or feel like I am.
So HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPP. HELP ME MR WIZARDS!

I agree with John....no solder. That's just creating problems for yourself.

"Tight" is a relative term.... for me that means if there ISN'T resistance, then it's not a "tight" fit. ;)

I agree with John....no solder. That's just creating problems for yourself.

"Tight" is a relative term.... for me that means if there ISN'T resistance, then it's not a "tight" fit. ;)
Ok a
So I'll be adding jb weld to the work bench tomorrow

JB Weld is always good to have around. It has gotten a name for being the redneck solution to all things for which duct tape won't do, but for some things, it's the right thing.

Qtips- ain't that the truth! I probably use 20 cleaning epoxy squeeze-out when I put handles on. I see all these pictures and videos of guys gluing up knives and it looks so clean and neat. My process looks like a dinosaur trying to escape from a tar pit.

I just usually smear it all along the tang and then sand it off with the excess wood. Lol

me too. i lay it on like peanut butter. i figure the squeeze out is necessary to fill gaps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back