new video - How to make a liner lock knife start to finish using a drill template

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
A few weeks back I filmed a video on how to make a liner lock.
This is a 6 part video for a total of just under 3 hours.

This method uses a drill template pattern that I have found works well.

I invite any comments or suggestions on other methods. Share your knowledge to keep knife making alive...

[video=youtube;GUUgf3sOor0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUUgf3sOor0&list=PLidvuBTjkj0wi9W9VhevvJfC 1LBdVCT0G[/video]

Those are excellent videos. I've got them bookmarked for when I get ready to make a liner lock. I see the templates on the website - BUT... what size is "Medium"? blade length? Did I missed it somewhere? That "Large" template you used for the video is a BIG folder! As you said in video, a real "Hog" of a knife.

Thanks for your work putting together such a nice tutorial.

Ken H>

Thanks Ken. They take quite a bit to pull together. Joshua, our crack video/photo guy shot and edited the video. Editing down to just under three hours from 9 is a big job but he did it.

The "medium" template is just under 7" OAL with a blade just under 3". I have a smaller one yet drawn up and a proto pattern done. I'll be making some of those in a week or two to proof the design and then I'll get those produced.

Wow Boss! Very nice videos, just watched the whole series. That's the kind of info you usually have to pay for. If any of you are wanting to make folders, you really should check this out.

Sorry to drag up an old thread! I have been watching the videos and am going to pull the trigger and get some parts/tools for building these from you. I just had a couple of questions, you mention some different size drill bits in the video that conflicts with some of the info on the website.

Like the detent ball you say on the video to use a #48, but the website says to use a #49. Also, when drilling the pivot pin, the website says drill with a #13 bit but the video says a #15 bit.

Last thing, can you clarify where you are grinding the 8 degree angle on the blade lock up?

Back