Newbie Looking For Starting Options

vancat

I am looking for the cheapest 2x72 grinder that is worth buying. Or should I invest in some files?
Any suggestions?

You can start with a grizzly, or make your own there is several plans around the forums and YouTube.

What your budget is a big part of what you can get for a good grinder.
Grinder in a box is a good starter for the budget minded.
To reiderate there are many options out there if you have a way of cutting steel tube or just buying a good quality motor and drive wheel, some tube, angle iron,as well as a tracking/ idler wheel and build basicly a grizzly styled grinder.

Thanks for your help guys, the Grizzly looks like a pretty good fit for me. I don't trust myself to build a grinder yet. I appreciate your time.

Glad to help bounce ideas around.
Every one knows their comfort zone with fabbing things. All it takes is knowing a buddy who has a welder and truly can weld. Some times a lil guy time and a half rack of favorite beverage helps out on the building of a project. Lol

Question have you made any knives yet? If not I would suggest starting with some files and an angle jig ( many plans for making one on YouTube. Once you learn the basics then invest in your grinder.

Back