Survival handle knife. Rambo

coachcampana

A friend of mine wanted a Rambo type knife. So I ordered the ha for from USA Knife Maker and went to work. I think it turned out pretty well.
3538317a58c704feae14310c73a0187c.jpg

6bf049507ee8f220a93c2f5c364ddbe6.jpg

97ab2386356ea1992732bac9c2df6075.jpg
91573b8635fbb423426142fc679a1903.jpg

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

It is pretty beefy and a lil viscious looking.
Is kinda cool the logo has the appearance of moving thanks to the few sanding marks in the guard going cross wise.

Woops, thanks walle . Missed those little scuffs. I'll hit it one more time and send it off.

Glad to help, happens often to miss a lil mark some where. Another set of eyes often helps.

I like it Coach, looks very similar to the one I made that I keep under my bed in case the "boogieman" comes out at night. I had a question, is your makers mark a stamp or etched? Thanks.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne. I etched my mark. I have a stamp, but I can just never get it to work well. I need some sort of press to use it with I think. The couple knives I've tried to use the stamp on got ruined.

Hello guys...This is my very First time to be in KnifeDogs. I am a knife enthusiast and high quality production and handmade knives collector.

I love the big blade Bowie and Survival and Bushcraft knives. I love blades anywhere from 8" long to 13.5" long. I have a few very well made knives with 7 1/4" to 7 3/4" blades but favor longer ones.

I am a hollow handle knives lover but not those cheap mass produced 2-Day use knives and the wallhanger/ display-only ones...But I am talking about high end ones made by the Late Jimmy Lile, knifemakers Ray Matton, Bill Schiller, Martin Knives, etc...

I even have recently tried my hand at getting some of my own knife designs made by a good friend. They turned out really well too.

My latest knife that I am so very proud of is my Brand New ALL ONE PIECE Rambo style knife! It's made with my favorite steel...D2. It has No Tang Connection. Blade, guard, and handle are all one piece.

It has the Split serrations and the screwdriver heads on the handle guard ends. It is hollow handle and included 2 different style D2 steel endcaps...One Skullcrusher and one plain flat endcap.

But what makes this knife special to me is one of the stampings on it, on the ricasso. Getting a knife like this made was a lifelong dream.

The stamp reads, "IN HONOR OF POWs and MIAs IN VIETNAM"! MY Dad who died in 2010, was a 21-year US Army Special Forces Veteran who served countless tours in Korea and then in Vietnam. He was the bravest man I ever new, next to Jesus Christ of course.

Anyway, getting this knife made and having that stamped on it, I believe, will make myself and all who see it...Never ever forget about our Fallen Warrior Heroes who were left in Vietnam.

Anyway, I am very happy to be here and I look forward to being a part of this forum and community. And it made me very grateful when I read the "NO DRAMA TOLERATED" statement. I am hoping that also stands for the degrading, bullying, and Bad-Mouthing of other members.

If I am allowed to and requested, I would love to post pics and information of some or many of my knives in my collection. I even look forward to it.

And lastly, it does not matter where a knife is made for me. If I like a knife and buy it, or if I have one made by a good knifemaker, I don't care if the knife is made in the USA, Japan, Asia, Canada, the Mid East, Russia, etc...

All that matters to me is that I like the knife I am buying or am having made. After all, the knife is for Me to own and use, not for the rest of the world.

I hope there are members here who think, believe, and feel the same way as I do. Thanks and again, I look forward to being part of this forum.

20161120_212012.jpg

Here is a pic of 3 of my favorite knives. From Top To Bottom:

1. Handmade Ray Matton First Blood movie knife
2. Handmade Bill Schiller First Blood movie knife
3. Handmade By Andrew Clifford, designed by myself. It's called the ACK BW-M6 Survival Knife

Back