2016 Knife Dog's Knifemaker's Christmas Exchange!

I received santa box from the north pole in North Dakota, could not wait fore christmas, great handle material can find a good use for it. Thank you so much Aaron Elgin. Deane Sweet oldknife

What Bill wants for Christmas:
I will like anything knife related! I haven't made a ton of knives-don't have any certain kind I like (well maybe I favor larger, more traditional knives). If I get something I haven't used or worked with yet- that's just a good chance to try something new!
35352bc40b07d2cac628ad04bbb6685f.jpg

Here is your tracking numbder BILL, MERRY CHRISTMAS.
there is a few things you havent worked with yet Im sure.

I received my secret Santa gift from Andrew Likey, thank you for the fire starter kit, I went ahead and glued them up in some stag I had laying around and the Micarta you supplied will be going on a knife for my buyout bag. THank you Andrew, you made my Christmas. Hope you have a good one as well.IMG_1367.jpg

Well, I received a package from Fred Ritter. Thank you so much Fred for all the goodies in the box. I got a couple sets of scales, 2 sanding belts from a mfgr. that I have wanted to try out, a piece of CPM154, 6 sheets of Rhino sandpaper, and a beautiful piece of mokume.
Thanks so very much Fred. You really made my Christmas. Were the wood scales some desert ironwood?

I received my secret Santa gift from Andrew Likey, thank you for the fire starter kit, I went ahead and glued them up in some stag I had laying around and the Micarta you supplied will be going on a knife for my buyout bag. THank you Andrew, you made my Christmas. Hope you have a good one as well.View attachment 60071

I like what you did there! I'm going to try that out myself, merry Christmas!

Andrew

I want to send a big thank you to Jim Moenck for his secret Santa gift, awesome assortment of goodies! I'm going to make it a bird and trout knife with the Damascus billet. Merry Christmas!

Glad you liked what I sent you Andrew. Be sure to post the bird and trout knife when you get it finished.
Merry Christmas.

I received a wonderful package from DeMo , this is the second year and as great as last year. My box has some Stabilized Oak from his dads saw mill,unstabilized maple,Elk Roll,Buffalo scales , corby's and pens and clamps. Last years Oak block went on a forge utility for my son , its great material.IMG_0616.jpgIMG_0625.jpgIMG_1251.jpg

Sweet got my package in the mail today from Scotty Thomas with some nice zebra wood and mahogany with some brass pins, and a new one for me epoxy pigment
coloring. Scotty you will have to give me some ideas on that, and all was shop master approved as you can see from the pics. 100_6744.jpg100_6745.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgSanta (Scott Livesey) came yesterday with great gifts that I will put to use.
A bench vice I installed immediately and Ss pin stock with matching drill sizes.

Thanks Scott!!!

Hey, Walt (Wall e)- Thanks for the collection of interesting materials! Just can't decide which to utilize first! -but I have a few ideas running through my head.
I will let you know what it turns into. It's been a pleasure 'meeting' and interacting with you here, and watching as you continually become a better and better knifemaker. Thanks again for your thoughtful gifts, and I hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas! And, thanks to the guys who made this exchange possible- it's great!
Bill

Your welcome Bill, I couldn't fit all the samples to share. Lol
It seems there is always an abundance of good will gestures all year long on the forum so It was my turn and shared what I had.

Last edited:
Apparently, USPS thought Jess' gift needed a tan. What I had thought would be a rather straight shot from Kansas to Wisconsin took a detour to Long Beach CA and hasn't moved for the last week. Guess I'm making some phone calls Tuesday morning.

My apologies Jessl
Merry Christmas everyone!

Chris

I received a wonderful package from DeMo , this is the second year and as great as last year. My box has some Stabilized Oak from his dads saw mill,unstabilized maple,Elk Roll,Buffalo scales , corby's and pens and clamps. Last years Oak block went on a forge utility for my son , its great material.View attachment 60075View attachment 60076View attachment 60077

Fred

I am glad the package arrived and was in good order.

Looking at last year's knife just warms my heart. Your son's oak knife looks wonderful. I cannot wait to see what you make with this year's oak block.

Merry Christmas.

DeMo

No worries Chris. You have no control over the USPS.......in fact I'm not sure the USPS has control over the USPS. It will just be a surprise when it shows up! :)
Apparently, USPS thought Jess' gift needed a tan. What I had thought would be a rather straight shot from Kansas to Wisconsin took a detour to Long Beach CA and hasn't moved for the last week. Guess I'm making some phone calls Tuesday morning.

My apologies Jessl
Merry Christmas everyone!

Chris

I received santa box from the north pole in North Dakota, could not wait fore christmas, great handle material can find a good use for it. Thank you so much Aaron Elgin. Deane Sweet oldknife
Deane, I'm glad the package made it to you, i'm sure you will find good use for the materials.

Merry Christmas,
-Aaron

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. It was busy at my house. Full of family and friends. Jess Hoffman sent me some nice walnut, curly dyed oak, and some mokume. I can't wait to come up with some projects to use them on. Thanks Jess.

IMG_20161225_083230517.jpg

I finally got to open my package after traveling for Christmas. Mark Behnke sent me a wonderful selection of G10 spacers, hardware, and handle material. I hope to start putting something to use right after new years. Thanks Mark!

-Aaron

I got my package from Chris yesterday. I got some new handle material I've never used before, including Osage Orange, and a very nice block of quartersawn oak, a new center punch, some micro fiber towels (that I use all the time) and a bag of chocolates, because it just isn't Christmas without candy! Thank you very much Chris!

Back