Hello all !!!

psycho44

Hi,
My name is Greg (aka psycho) from Texas. I'm 45 years old and have spent the past 27 years in the restaurant industry. I have been a knife enthusiast and collector as long as I can remember. I started making knives about 2 years ago as a hobby and I haven't stopped. I began making knives and using them in the restaurant with the goal of making knives that would perform as well as the German and Japanese knives that are industry standard. As most beginners, I started with carbon steels and I am now interested in working with some stainless steels.

There is a wealth of information and great knife makers on this forum and I look forward to getting to know some of you guys better.

Cheers.
Greg

Welcome to the pound, Greg. I got into knifemaking to make kitchen knives, too. You'll find a wealth of knowledge and people willing to share their experience and know-how here.

Thank you John. I got into it making kitchen knives but I think I like making survival and edc knives more. There's more room for creativity with all the options of blade design, scales, blade finishes, sheaths and overall design of the knife. More people want kitchen knives so that's what I spends most of my time making, but I get really excited when I get to step out of that box and play with new designs. Hehe
Anyway, thanks for the welcoming.
G

Back