Liner-lock folder- 80CrV2 and Tan g-10

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
Here's a neat little folder I completed. The materials and finishes were requested by the customer. I think they came together well for a pretty unique look.

Specs:
3 1/8" blade, 4" closed
80CrV2 blade steel, .120" thick, mustard finished
Full distal taper, rounded spine
Filed thumb grip areas
Tan g-10 scales
Jeweled titanium liners
Coined titanium backspacer w/ black g-10 accents
Blacked out hardware

This does also have a black steel pocket clip. This has super solid early lockup and nice smooth action.

All comments and discussion welcome.

Good lookin' knife, John. It's ruggedly handsome. If you don't mind me asking, what setup are you using for jeweling your liners? I've been using a Cratex rod, but I'm not very satisfied with the finished look.

Good lookin' knife, John. It's ruggedly handsome. If you don't mind me asking, what setup are you using for jeweling your liners? I've been using a Cratex rod, but I'm not very satisfied with the finished look.

Thanks Brandant. I use a cratex rod too. I'm very careful about making the overlap uniform and try to go in nice neat rows. I use the medium/brown rods. I know that you want to get it 'right' on the first try. It doesn't look very good if you try to go back over areas you've already done.

I like that a lot! :35:

Thanks Don. There's some folder hardware from your shop in each of these folders I make. :)

that coined spacer screams "John Doyle custom"

Thanks John. I try to incorporate something of my style in every knife. Sometimes it's a fine line between too much and not enough. Subtle is good most times. I have a hard time leaving things too plain.

John I like that, looks good.
What finish is on the blade like a mustard patina thing going on?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back