Iron Wood tips please

I'll give that method a try on my next Ironwood handles Ed! I agree Tracy, danish oil is far better than teak. I really only got some because i couldn't seem to get it to work on the "harder/oily but still could use oil finish" Knives. I don't do more than a few light coats. I tried one like i would normally do with Danish oil and like Ed i was wiping off seeping teak oil for way too long.

Tracy..... your post gave me an idea! I wonder if a guy could apply the Danish oil in the same manner as Tru-Oil..... super light coat/let it cure and repeat..... I'm gona give it a try and see what happens. I've done the Danish oil finish on others, but never thought of doing it on ironwood! Always something new to learn! :)

im late to the party and have almost no experience making knives. BUT, I've made a lot of cabinets and other furniture finished with Watco. Rub it in with 600 W/D sandpaper and do at least three, maybe as many as five, coats. Babies don't have butts as smooth.

im late to the party and have almost no experience making knives. BUT, I've made a lot of cabinets and other furniture finished with Watco. Rub it in with 600 W/D sandpaper and do at least three, maybe as many as five, coats. Babies don't have butts as smooth.
Not late just had to find the topic. Lol
Appreciate the tip on 600 w/d and will put it in the mix.

Back