Epoxy issue

The reason roughing both surfaces help is it increases the surface area for the epoxy to adhere too. And i usually use lacquer thinner to clean all parts before glue up, i wipe off with lacquer thinner on a paper towel, then squirt lacquer on part and blow off with air hose. It evaperates verry quick so dry time isnt long and i never noticed any film from lacquer thinner if used in the steps.

I see there is Acraglas Bedding and Acraglas Gel. What is the correct product? Also BTW, a client of mine in the states has put me on to a special epoxy that is used in golf club manufacturing. This is suppose to be the product that they use to bond the driver heads to the shafts. Durable, obviously shock resistant and no issues with moisture. I am trying to run down some of this stuff for some other assembly that I am doing with stainless steel and Titanium components. When I get the details I will post. Or maybe some of you guys know it already.

I think it's the bedding version which is a very good epoxy and is used by many. Most any "good" epoxy will work just fine, BladeBond is perhaps one of the best as it's designed especially for knifemaking. G-flex is just fine also. I've also used Raka with success.

I see that there are two versions of this product. The 081-003-002WB 2 Gun ACRAGLAS Kit Mfr Part: FGA0100 comes with restrictions in shipping. The 081-003-004WB
2 Gun ACRAGLAS Kit, Non-Flammable does not have restrictions. Is there a difference in bonding? I am getting ready to put scales on a fish fillet knife. I will also pin them. Thanks for your help.

Back