Cabelas sporting goods

bladegrinder

For anyone interested...Bass Pro Shop bought Cabelas today for 5.5 billion.
kind of bums me out, I grew up with Cabelas and have been using their Cabelas club visa for about 15 years now.
I like Bass pro and have one near me at home and drive by one on my hunting trips but I think Cabelas had better prices.
Oh well...it is what it is. I guess that means Bass Pro will be carrying more brands, so I guess that's one good thing to come out of it.

I heard that, Im the oposite I always liked shopping bass pro better but try to support my local place Rodgers Sporting Goods here in Liberty....or online

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It may retain the name Cabelas. Often in these buy outs they retain the old store and name when it is not in direct competition with another nearby store!! Who knows it could be like Kmart buying out Sears and eventually destroy the whole shebang!!!

The toughest thing about this event is that area around Sydney, Nebraska hosts a large number of employees of Cabelas. Corporate Cabelas calls Sydney home. Many of these employees will probably lose their jobs over this takeover. Bass Pro will do away with many of these jobs and it will cause a small town to suffer greatly. Very sad deal. Being a Nebraska guy, I really liked shopping at Cabelas. End of a dynasty.

Back