Lost an old friend last night

C Craft

OK so its not quite what the tittle conjures up in your mind! I lost my pocket knife!! I have been carrying that one since 1996. Whoooooa that is 20yrs. It is like losing and old friend!:sad:

I went to a local restaurant to pick-up some take out so will give them a call as that is the same pocket I carry my change in. Even if that is where it left me I doubt I will get it back, but got to try!!

It seems like that has always been the way with me. I get a pocket knife I like and carry it for years and then................its gone! :31: It is kind of like losing and old friend when you think of all the scrapes that the knife has gotten you of, all the things you have cut or fixed! Man this is depressing!!:s12108:please to all the knife spirits who live in and help create all knives, let me find my old friend!

Well I have re-traced my foot steps of yesterday and no luck on finding my knife but, I will bet I have reached in my pocket a dozen times to get it and ...................... I will give it a couple of days but can't live without a pocked knife. I have been carrying one since I was about eight years old. I told my wife that this morning and I thought she was gonna freak out. Eight years old, you were allowed to carry a pocket knife at that age! Why sure why not?????

I can relate. I feel lost and naked without a pocket knife. I envy you- I've never been able to keep track of a knife for more than a year or two. I misplace them constantly. Then one will turn up out of the blue. I must have five or six floating around between the house, the truck, and my workbenches.

Update:

I was standing in the bathroom a few minutes ago after my shower, and telling the wife about the 20/20 show she had just slept thru. As I am speaking I reached to get my hair brush out of the drawer in the built in under the counter. In mid sentence I stopped and, .................Wooohoo, I found it. My wife is looking at me like are you crazy!!!!!!

There is my pocket knife peaking out from under some of the other stuff in the drawer. Not sure how it got in the drawer because I never put my stuff in the drawer. We have been living here almost as long as I have had the knife and every night my stuff goes on the left side of the counter and it all goes back in my pockets every morning!!

Alas old friend, I thought you were a gonner!!! Now I am doing my happy dance!!:1971_dancing_dog:

I must admit for a little while today I thought I had looked everywhere already and was in the back of my mind entertaining the idea of a new pocket knife. Now I got a chance to actually wear it down a little more. :biggrin: i had shown it to Ken H awhile back and he said that one has been sharpened a few times, yep it has!!!

Last edited:
What can I say? Sheet happens every day. I can understand you because I am the type of guy that loses thing often :) I hope you will find it soon.

I know what you mean I lost a k bar that I had on my pack once. I was looking for boundary line on snowshoes. When I got home that night I noticed it was missing. I went back the next day and fortunately I found it. A branch had lifted it out of its sheath and dropped it on the snow. My knife was stuck in the snow with the handle up right in the middle of my previous days snowshoe track.

I have lots of stories of not finding knives and tools that I lost. Funny I was given my first pocket knife when I was around 8 too, still have the scars.

Glad you found it!! I have a habit of losing my folders after a few years myself. I've gotten to the point where I usually just buy something around the $40 range so it's not complete crap, but I'm not losing a ton of money when I finally can't find it for good.

Back