My first custom folder!

Lyon

Hi all,

Here is my first custom folder worth showing. A big thank you to the knife making community for sharing information and a shout out to Bruce Bump for letting me come by now and then and ask questions.

It isn't perfect but it is getting close. Some of the things that I am proud of are a growing awareness of design, getting the bevels to line up with the lines of the knife, improving at having a consistent flow and finish level across the knife.

Things that need work: The pocket clip needs to be mounted in a little lower so that it can fit the flow of the knife better. I should have taken the edge thinner before I sharpened it. The tip of the blade is off to one side because the grind is a little off.

I would love some feedback on what you think.

Thanks,

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK9UYU6g9Iw/

IMG_0143.jpgIMG_0142.JPGIMG_0144.JPGIMG_0138.jpg

Last edited:
Matt has worked a long time to bring his own knife design and level of fit and finish to the community. This one has ball bearings for smooth easy opening blade that locks super solid but easy to unlock. Notice the lack of screws? Only the pivot and clip screws are visible, the rest are inside the knife. Very tricky to do I would think.
Great knife Matt

Nice job. I wish my first folder looked that good.
t

Wow!!!
35.gif
Great job.

Back