Close Call

Freds Edge

I got home from work today and went to the shop and upon opening the door was greeted by the aroma of burnt material , it took me some time to find the source and when I did I was shocked. There on the corner of a bench was what was left of a clean towel that I keep there for wiping my hands , a pile of ash. I reconstructed what must of happened , the morning sun must have hit one of my magnifying lights which directed a beam on to the rag , Close Call!IMG_1055.jpgIMG_1056.jpg

I have one, a (magnifier light) I bought for my workbench and that was one of the warnings not to expose the lens to direct sunlight if not in use. :les: That is the reason why, risk of fire. I actually made a cardboard cover that stays over it when not in use!!

I was thinking spontaneous combustion when you first started talking about what happened. Believe it or not it happens to rags that have been used for chemicals and left laying around!

That could have been real bad, especially on a cluttered bench!! Guilty of that one some times!!

Back