fillet knife

bladegrinder

I've only made a few of these over the years. been having fisherman in Fl. here asking over the years so I'm going to start making some more. the ones I make are geared towards larger deep sea fish...grouper, redfish therefore my fillets don't have an abundance of flex in the blade. this one has a 8" blade of .100 Sandvic 12C27 heat treated to 60-61 with a 400 grit hand finish, the handle is black G10 with white micarta bolsters, nickel silver pins and lanyard hole. thanks for looking...

IMG_0467_zpsy9plpsxm.jpg

that is beautiful. looks like a fantastic design for saltwater fish. i also think it would make a great carving knife in the kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, yea I'm thinking this style would also be good at carving up a big ham, or at the other end of the spectrum...cutting a wedding cake.

it is classy enough for a wedding knife. I'm sure my wife has ours in a box. Some chrome plated serrated spatula deal with a clear plastic handle that we paid an exorbitant sum for, which hasn't seen the light of day in 20 years. I'd rather have paid several hundred for a knife I knew we'd use for years and years to come. I have no idea what we paid...but like anything with "marine" in the title you know it's gonna hurt a little. Everything "wedding" follows the same rule.

Hey, maybe we're all missing out on the wedding market...

Back