Knife Maker Indentify

Leopold

Folks,

I'm trying to identify the maker of this knife I have.

Please take a look at the logo and let me know if you know who it might be.

Thank you

Leopold

Attachments

• IMG_5214.JPG
    IMG_5214.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 47
No idea what so ever...... but I am going to use your post to make a point...

KNIFEMAKERS!!! LISTEN UP!!! This is a perfect example of something I always "preach" about..... AT THE VERY LEAST, PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR KNIVES! Not your initials! Not some "cute" or obscure logo! YOUR NAME!

Obviously this individual is looking for the maker..... but the fact is, that without some identifying information, that will likely never happen. The bottom line is.... if people can't find you, then you certainly cannot sell them a knife.

Wow, that's a tough one...your so right Ed. I got to say, when I started making knives nothing but my name really came to mind for a mark. even on some high end knives I see these somewhat strange looking marks that look like some animal or letters in some fancy script. I hate to say it but some I've seen don't seem to make any sense at all. it doesn't get any simpler and recognizable than the makers last name. some makers like to use a little flare and that's understandable, but like the knife above with just a symbol it makes it hard to identify, and it will keep being hard to identify each time it changes hands. good luck Leopold, you'll probably find who made it if you keep searching, maybe someone here has seen it before.

Then you have the other problem. Try "Wilson" on for size. By the time I had a mark that was unique enough to find me, it looks like a business card. But nobody has complained yet. Still, at least a google search would help someone to narrow it down to the knifemakers named Wilson in Florida. This thread again makes that point very clearly.

Last edited:
Then you have the other problem. Try "Wilson" on for size. By the time I had a mark that was unique enough to find me, it looks like a business card. But nobody has complained yet. Still, at least a google search would help someone to narrow it down to the knifemakers named Wilson in Florida. This thread again makes that point very clearly.

This is a very good point. My last name has 11 letters... Does anyone have suggestions for how to add your name when it's so long (and still have it look good)?

I'd search/figure out a way to put YOU NAME on it. These days the most used method for finding a knifemaker is a google search..... and people in general are lazy....if they do a google search and don't find the maker, most of the time they either give up, or go to another knifemaker who is easier to find. That's just the facts.

I can't count the number of times someone has walked into my shop with a knife, that had either a couple of initials, or some obscure logo on it, asking me if I can help them locate the maker....because they wanted to order/buy another knife..... and without some type of name, it's impossible.

Agree with Ed - put your name (whatever you want, KenH; KenHolland, KHolland), but whatever you do put on your knife, make sure you use that in ALL your internet postings and writings. That allows a search engine to find you. If, like me, you put KenHolland on all your blades, then use KenH as your onscreen name, no search engine has a chance of finding you.

It does take a lot of work to fully market your knives.

Ken H>

So this is all the more reason to get a logo and have your name in it some where obvious.

I need to call Ernie. :/

Right now I've been using my initials with an outline of the state of Tennessee. Screen/forum name is an interesting idea. In this era, we are all online anyway and it really does become one of our only unique IDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Was thinking about using my family Crest which is a lion with a hammer with J. Schmidt (Schmidt comes from black smith's in Germany) but even as a very new maker I feel your name on your work is important

Back