WTB:Used 2x72 grinder

kenneth m

Looking to buy a used 2x72 grinder.Name brand not important.Looking for a compete set up with motor and willing to ship(ill pay).I am located in picayune,ms

You might need to start acquiring some other tools besides a belt grinder. If you are or can get affiliated with a local blacksmith or bladesmith group maybe you could get someone to help you or you might check out the GIB kit from Jamie at www.polarbearforge.com. There is a good blacksmithing group in Mississippi, www.msforgecouncil.com

Let me know if I can help you.

what if i have no drill press or welder?

"IF" you plan to make knives, or for any work involving the need for a 2X72 grinder, you'll NEED (actually "need" vs just "want") a drill press. Get that, then make a grinder. While it make take a bit of learning curve to complete the grinder, those learned skills will be used many times in future knife work.

Here is one I made: http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?38839-New-Grinder-for-me

Ken H>

There ya' go - a complete kit with all holes drilled and welding complete for only $750 plus shipping... plus cost of wheels and motor and VFD. Wayne's got it all and full knowledge to help get it going, and a good system it will be.

Ken H>

Back