A small look at the USN Gathering

Stormcrow

I just got back yesterday from the Usual Suspects Network Gathering show in Las Vegas. Here are a few pictures from the show.

My table with my loverly bride. I was up all night to finish everything for the show, so she drove the first day while I slept. Thanks, sweetheart!

I had some tomahawks, including new designs I'll be posting more about at some point in the near future. Yep, there's a tactical war hammer on the table. It was my eye-catcher for this show. :D/>

And a goodly handful of forged blades in paracord and Kydex. Your choice of black and tan or tan and black.

Last year I traded a tomahawk to Pat Pruitt for a bracelet with my touchmark. He promptly cut himself on the 'hawk, right before the end of the show. My wife, an RN, with the help of a first aid kit brought by the Broadwells, got him patched up.

Well, this year he showed up with this awesome cuff with my touchmark machined in zirconium. I'll get it sized and fasteners added and will be wearing it to knife shows from here on out. In addition to making awesome jewelry, Pat makes some amazing folders.

The very talented Don Andrade split a table with the likewise talented Ben Bawidamann. Their work on one table made for a nice juxtaposition.

Some of Don's culinary cutlery featuring vintage phenolic handle slabs.

Don had this awesome little neck knife made by the inimitable Tai Goo. There is no way my photography with a cell phone could begin to capture the transition from the tang to the blade.

I always have to check out Kiku Matsuda's table.

Travis Weurtz (that magnificent @@@@@@@!) (Forged in Fire champion!) posing with one of his well-engineered grinding gems.

And finally Larry from Blade Art and Liong Mah hamming it up with a couple of my choppers.

Of course, this isn't remotely all of the show. It's largely folders, in spite of my pictures. :D/> I got to talk with old friends, meet some new (Tracker Dan!), and see Elvis driving around in a pink mid-'50s Cadillac. Enjoyed it, glad to be home, looking forward to next year!

Back