Do you ever feel alone and troubled in the world?

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
I know I have felt alone and troubled in this world at times. It's easy to become discouraged with all the turmoil and chaos this life can throw at as.

I was reminded of this passage the other day and shared it with a couple of friends at church who are going through some hectic times. We have the power and the freedom to believe this and live like this:

[h=1]John 16:32-33King James Version (KJV)[/h] [SUP]32 [/SUP]Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
[SUP]33 [/SUP]These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

He has overcome the world! How great is that?

Something many may not know about me is that I'm currently serving as a bishop in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I often sit in council with members of my congregation who are experiencing very difficult times in their lives. This is a scripture that I often share with my friends who are going through trials:

Matthew 11:28-30
28 Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I love the image that yoking oneself to the Savior conjures in my mind. When we're too week to pull the load, the Lord will pull right along side of us. If we learn of Him and live his gospel, our burdens become lighter and we are much more capable of carrying the weight of the trials of mortality. We enter into His rest as we strive to do our very best. If we don't seek His help, we are on our own to pull the load. Yoked with Jesus Christ, we can overcome all that life can through our way.

Romans 8 35-39 (KJV) tells us that we are never alone
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Mathew tells us in ch28

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Back