New guy from East Tn

MikeL

KNIFE MAKER
I've spent many hours reading many knife forums and wanted to take the time to introduce myself. My beginnings was with woodworking. Over the years my interests have evolved to many things. In the last year or so I have been giving attention to knife making. I have spent a year slowly learning and gathering a few tools to begin digging deeper into what I feel is a skill that will take a long time to develop. I just retired today (bought my tools before becoming a fixed income person). Now that I am retired I feel like I can slowly learn and not cram things into a weekend. The skills I have seen on this forum are phenomenal and the generosity of shared knowledge is equally phenomenal. I did take a class in May with Gill Hibbens and am now on my way. Gil and his sons have given me a great start. What a talented family. Anyway, I hope to post a knife soon. Thank you to all that share so unselfishly.

Mike

Mike, where in east Tennessee? I'm between Sunbright and Allardt at the southern tip of Big Southfork. Maybe we could get together.

Let me know if I can help you.

Thanks all.
Wayne, I am from Maryville. You gave me advice several months ago on a disc grinder.

Mike

Mike, I am about 80 miles north of you, Pillissippi Parkway to Solway through Oak Ridge, to Oliver Springs take Highway 62 to Wartburg, then 27 north to Sunbright. Take Burville Road then Peters Ford Road. Call me first. Maybe I can help you again.

Wayne

Back