Greetings!

Johan Nel

Hi,
My name is Johan Nel and I am a South African. I stumbled onto this website while searching for the appropriate angle for the bevels of a knife that I am in process of making.
Having this urge to build a knife and not having much in terms of machinery and tools, I decided to give it a go anyway using what I have available (the urge would also not leave me...:biggrin:). I have already cut out and filed the profile to form, and was planning to start on the bevels (planning to file it with draw files by hand). I came accross the extremely helpful WIP http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?28920-USAKnifemakers-Stage-1-knife-kit-Tutorial
Needless to say it has assisted greatly in determining the appropriate procedure going forward. I can actually use a bench grinder to remove much of the material, no need to file all of it...:drool:
Anyway, I suspect that I will be combing through all of the forums and threads for quite a while. There is so much helpful and interesting info! A real treasure trove.
Then I also need to remark that the tone of conversation amongst participants here are extremely polite and civil. Congratulations on that to all involved.

Regards,
JHN

Back