If Jesus was a Jew

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm saying, Tai, is that it is a Christian forum. And the things you're saying and your beliefs aren't even remotely Christian.

And I'm saying that you seem more interested in stirring controversy than actually openly discussing any other topic.

Whether this forum is here or not isn't my call, and it isn't yours either.

Do you even know the definition or the core principles of Christianity? Because you've openly denied just about all of them. It seems pretty strange to call yourself a Christian while denying the person of Christ completely and His Word.

When anyone tries to respond to your threads or questions with verses from the Bible, you get annoyed and make claims about the validity of the Bible. What do you expect Tai? Do you really think Christians in a Christian forum aren't going to use the Bible as their base.....for everything?

I find it very interesting that the Bible answers all of your quandaries and conundrums and questions completely, while being consistent and congruent and non contradictory the whole time....and you just keep writing it off.

Where does it end brother?...

I fit in fine with lots of Christians and have lots of Christian friends. We talk about things, don't always see eye to eye, but our friendships are really more valuable than all that. I don't think anyone likes being told to shut up, just for saying what's in their hearts. The liberals and the progressive Christians in general wouldn't have a problem with anything I've said. However, am I wrong to assume that you don't consider them "real Christians"?

What I care about is the Word of God. And I will defend it.

And you deny it. It's that simple.

I couldn't care less about 'fitting in' with this group or that group.

You can slap any 'liberal', 'progressive' or any other political title you want on Christianity and say that they all accept the things you're saying, it doesn't change the Truth of God.

I'd have to know more about the specific beliefs and teachings of another person or group to see if it squared up with true Christianity or not.

I can say this: Any group or individual that denies the Deity of Christ and the authority of His Word isn't Christian...by definition alone.

You talk about hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit and seeing the Truth, but it is you who is deaf and blind.

You've said it yourself....you value your friendships over all else....that's your whole platform....this grandiose sense of 'let's all just love everybody and the world will be okay'.

Me....I'll never trade the Truth of God for relationships with friends, or acquaintances or knifemakers or any other person ....period. I'll stand for the Word of God every time and I won't agree to accept false doctrines for the sake of 'as long as everybody loves everybody'.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but, you are deceiving yourself. You do not have a monopoly on the Word of God. All you really have is your own understanding of it and it is this that you are putting your faith in.

Some people just interpret a bible or bibles differently, with a different set of guidelines. This can be proven historically.

Last edited:
It would be a lengthy and complicated discussion on how I understand and believe in the divinity of Yeshua. It involves things outside the realm of fundamentalism. So, maybe another time.

The Book is Divinely inspired Tai. It asserts that fact in it. The proof of that is overwhelmingly abundant when you read it. Believe it or don't Tai. Your choice.

Romans 3:23King James Version (KJV)
[SUP]23 [/SUP]For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23King James Version (KJV)
[SUP]23 [/SUP]For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Hebrews 9:22New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]22 [/SUP]In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Galatians 1:8-9King James Version (KJV)
[SUP]8 [/SUP]But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Every single person will know and acknowledge the Truth someday Tai.

Philippians 2:10-11New King James Version (NKJV)
[SUP]10 [/SUP]that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, [SUP]11 [/SUP]and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Romans 14:11New King James Version (NKJV)

[SUP]11 [/SUP]For it is written:
As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”

Zechariah 12:10King James Version (KJV)
[SUP]10 [/SUP]And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

O.K., I'll give you the short version on how I see the divinity of Yeshua, but I'm not going into how I arrived at it. I believe Yeshua is divine, but saying that *He IS God* is going a bit too far.

It doesn't really make sense if you believe in a Trinity either. If Jesus IS God, what purpose is there for God the Father and the Holy Spirit? If Jesus IS God and God is a singularity, then it's *ONLY Jesus* or "Jesus ONLY" that you believe in. There are other Christians like that, but I don't think they are generally considered fundamentalist... You aren't alone if that's what you believe. Just my take on it. No offense intended.

Last edited:
Thanks for saying what needed to be said John. Tai, this IS a Christian forum and I believe that all threads need to be kept in line with Christian beliefs so people who come here and read your ................I honestly don't know what to call it but I'm sure it confuses people who aren't saved and may be looking for salvation.
I'm not the site owner or the Mod here but I believe that another subforum for other beliefs would be a good idea.
I would hate to know that someone who came here seeking some answers about Christianity will find some of this garbage, get frustrated and not come back or even worse be led to whatever it is you believe.
Now don't get me wrong, you are TOTALLY entitled to your opinion and your beliefs I just hate to see other people exposed to it/them on a CHRISTIAN forum.

I'm done.

I'm just as concerned about people reading "this garbage", as you are. :)

I don't think another sub forum is a good idea. None of "this garbage" belongs here. It's a knifemaking forum.

It seems that there's only one thing we agree on, Yeshua/Jesus,... did not like religion or the religious elite.

It isn't even singularly about the concept of the Trinity, Tai. That's just one Christian principle among a whole host of others that you ignore and deny.

Even if you said nothing else about it, the Bible is a world-wide accepted authority on Christianity that most, if not all Christian individuals and/or groups derive their beliefs from.

You come in here with beliefs and ideas that you've contrived from thin air....in your own mind...because YOU feel that's how it should be. And to top it off, you make statements like, 'I'm not going to tell you how I arrived at that conclusion'.

The vast majority of threads I can think of in this forum started by anyone else appreciating, praising or finding joy in our Lord and Savior or the wisdom of His word has been derailed, denounced and trashed by you.

Go ahead John, have the other cheek as well. You are so right, how could I not understand?

I'm just so stupeded and lame, gimpy minded and old. :(

Last edited:
Go ahead John, have the other cheek as well. You are so right, how could I not understand?

*Love your enemies.* :)

I'm just so stupeded and lame, gimpy minded and old. :(

Really? You're going to try and guilt trip me into feeling sorry for you with a quote from the Bible that you say was written by the church and twisted to suit their doctrines. You'll have to try harder than that.

Tai, I've told you before....I care about your eternal soul. I've prayed for you and your salvation before and I will again. In fact right after this post...I will take a few moments and pray for you.

But don't confuse my compassion for your eternal soul with a willingness to stand quiet while you pollute the Truth of God with poison ideas and false doctrine. That I won't do.

Me either John. There's another thing we have in common. :)

Hey! You da man! More power to ya!

Last edited:
John, you should be proud of yourself for standing up for what you believe. I mean that sincerely. That's what t's all about. It's obvious that you care very deeply and I appreciate that. :)

I don't believe the exact same things as you in the exact same ways, but we are brothers.

I guess to me that's all that matters. Friends too. O.K. ? Please?

Last edited:
... don't you guys have anything better to do than gang up on a senile little old man? :(

(... big bullies.)... now you hurt my feelings.

Last edited:
I guess I'm just not welcome in your sandbox. Have fun. :)

If you ever grow up, want to smelt some down and make a knife out of it, let me know. I'll show you some really cool things you can do with it. The "Goo" is always at your service. :)

playig-in-the-sandbox.jpg

... only for Johnny it's going to cost double my normal fee. hee hee

Adios amigos and Vaya con Dios!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back