Lost my Olivewood

bladegrinder

I have a friend that goes to Greece every few years, he's from there. this year I asked him to bring back some olivewood for me and showed him a nice figured, dark block I had to give him an idea of what I was looking for. that's the good part, now for the bad part. the morning he was to leave Turkey had their coup, that was where he was flying into, Turkish airlines also cancelled his flight, after getting on another airline he made it to Turkey, then flew to Greece. he got back today and told me he had two large blocks for me that were really nice and figured, he made it thru the airport in Greece but as soon as he arrived in Turkey they made him go thru six check points....they confiscated the wood at the first one. I asked why they took it and all he said was...I had my wife and two kids with me and didn't really want to start asking questions.
Understandable there....he said it wasn't the friendliest place to be in and just wanted to get going.
BUMMER! oh well, it is what it is. I'm just glad he made it back safe from that place. I guess he could of mailed it but hind site is always 20/20.

That really stinks about the wood. But with the way things turned south in Turkey, getting home with the family safe is all that matters. I have friends in Turkey. It's bad. Details are hard to come by because they do not have freedom of speech and will be jailed for saying anything negative or posting anything seen as negative on social media about the government.

Back