Russ Andrews Exhibition Bowie

Buddy Thomason

For a man whose shop just burned down in January, Russ Andrews is kickin' it!
Link: http://www.customknifecollectorsassociation.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3059&referrerid=49

The knife & sheath shown below has a new owner who has also had to deal with some pretty big challenges. His area of the country has just seen the worst flooding in memory with 60,000+ homes damaged or destroyed. Thankfully, it looks like his home was spared and the knife can now be safely shipped to him.

Russ asked that I do a couple of things for him in photographing this fine piece of workmanship.
First was to provide an image that could be used for a 1/4 page full color ad in the upcoming ICCE show program (International Custom Cutlery Exposition - Kansas City, Missouri - September 23-25, Downtown Marriott Hotel). After consulting with both Russ and the ICCE staff member producing the program we determined that the following image would effectively serve that purpose (minus the white frame and with Russ' name and contact info overlaid in the upper left corner):

orig.jpg

And second, make a pretty picture with extra detail for all to see:

orig.jpg

Ever the professional, Russ naturally provides the extras that collectors and enthusiasts value - like signing the back of the sheath and a detailed certificate of authenticity:

orig.jpg

The signed certificate states:
'Exhibition' Bowie - 8/4/2016
10 1/16th" blade of duplex ladder pattern Damascus
Ancient Walrus ivory handle with Damascus mounts
Sheath with Damascus frog and Ostrich insert

In an email to me Russ added the following:
Bowie details....
Blade 1084/15N20 on either side of W2 core....ladder patern.
Guard, cap, ferrules, frog stud and fineal also Damascus.
Fineal to match frog stud.

Russ is known for his meticulous attention to detail and graceful lines. Follow this link to a beautiful Russ Andrews carbon steel Bowie of similar design. The finish on the blade is as perfect as I have ever seen: http://www.fototime.com/134F0E679302D18/orig.jpg

Back