Greetings from southwest Missouri

Jfast4

I have been a knife maker off and on for the last 15 years. I have made several knives of my own Damascus. I am getting the itch to start back into knife making more seriously. I need some help on how to sell my knives. The knives I have made have had a big influence on new orders. I enjoy the work that goes into making a good quality knife that will last for generations. As of now I just make knives by orders from customers. I would make more but in the past I have had trouble selling them. Has there been any good luck selling on eBay or other shopping sights for custom knives? I will have more questions in the future but for now with this first introduction I would like to say greetings and glad that there are so many folks keeping the heritage of smithing going. I have worked with my son and his friends on several knives and they are now forging there own Damascus billets and creating there own designs of knives. I think I get more enjoyment seeing our young generation being able to do more than just push buttons and learn a trade. Weather they go to that trade or not they are getting some skills that can be related to other aspects of life. Well enough of my chatty talk. Thanks for letting me joint this group.

I have used and have a Facebook page called Fastforge. I have had a lot of views but no orders from it. I do think I need to customize the page a little with more pics. I have used that page rather than create my own website.

with Facebook you have to remember that people don't use it like a website. People "surf" Facebook's news feed. They are scrolling, looking for something interesting or else they won't stop to look.

I have gotten the most interest by engaging people. Always lead with a picture. People really enjoy Work in Progress threads. They want to see how the sausage is made. If you only post pictures of completed knives, then your post looks just like every other "product for sale" advertisement and nobody will stop and look around. Create interest. It's all about the comments. People who stop to comment are the ones who are drawn in. Create a conversation. Invite questions.

People love craftsmanship and they want to see the process.

If you want some face to face in a couple months, come down to Bentonville, AR for the world champion squirrel cook off Sept 10. See their website for contact info, in sure he'd love to have you and your knives at the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back