The "High Roller" hunter...

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
I thought I'd show this knife here. I call it the "High Roller" hunter because of the handle material. This material is MONEY!! No....seriously...it's actually money. :D Real U.S. shredded currency cast in alumilite resin. It's a real high quality product, no cracks, bubbles or voids. Pretty neat stuff, I think. It looks like digicam to me so I thought it would be cool on a hunter.

Specs:
Hand-forged from 1075 steel, clay quenched and etched
8 1/8" overall, 3 7/8" blade, .200" thick at the ricasso with full distal taper
False edge, just shy of sharp
Heavily rounded spine and ricasso edge for comfort
Rounded, filed thumb grip
Black g-10 collars
Bronze Coin-edged spacer
Shredded Money 'moneycarta' contoured handle- material courtesy of http://kobrakydexgear.com/ Thanks man!
My signature fluting on the butt end, though it's a bit hard to see because of the pattern of the money (made doing that extremely difficult on this piece, by the way)
Black g-10 checkered bolt cover

The right hand horizontal carry/cross draw sheath is sharkskin and lined with deerskin. Courtesy of my friend and master leather worker Claude Scott.

All comments and discussion welcome. :)

beautiful! was the material hard to work as far as drilling / broaching the tang hole without chipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments guys.

beautiful! was the material hard to work as far as drilling / broaching the tang hole without chipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi John. Actually the material worked VERY easily, but is quite hard and durable at the same time. No chipping on the edges or the tang hole while sawing, drilling or broaching. It sands and machines quite easily. No chips, no bubbles/voids or cracks. It's a high quality material.

Back