New to the game from Northern Utah

Kev

Hey all, I am extremely new to the game of knife making, but I've been making a living grinding and finishing medical/surgical tooling for around 15 years now. I've built exactly 4 knives, each successive one is better than the last, and I'm really starting to enjoy it. Along with a career in medical fabrication, I've ran my own steel fabrication shop for around 20 years, and have built up a pretty vast amount of quality tools. I recently built a 2x72 grinder to assist in this new endeavor, and to compliment my other various grinders and tools that might come in handy for knife making. I've got unlimited access to a high quality heat treat oven, as well as both CNC and manual machines.
I really enjoy working with my hands and I have been on the lookout for an artistic outlet for years, and given my experience and compliment of tools, knife making seems like a really good fit.
Looking forward to asking tons of questions and enjoying the company.
Later,
Kev

Welcome to the forum, Kev, from a fellow Utahan. This is a great place to find help, encouragement, and to share your successes with a great group of people. Good luck with your pursuits.

Back