Some waaaaay off topic thoughts

Black cat

I just moved too an actual city, with real people and everything lol. What a strange feeling... All the shops and traffic (more than just a moose)

Jist before I moved I was working on a knife in my shop. It was clamped to my sanding vise and I had other things on my mind. Forgot that it was there and sticking out a bit far. Now I have a nice deep infected gash on my arm. Lessons learned.

In the city here I bought a stainless steel ring. It's too small for my finger (just slightly)

I read all over the place that SS rings are nearly impossible to resize.
I... Don't see why?

In theory couldnt I just put it on a steel sizing mandrel with a protective spacer.
Heat up the bottom of the ring with an acetylene torch, then smack it with something like a sledgehammer with a hole in the centerto allow it to slide on the mandrel. Then clean it up and re polish?

I can't see any reason that wont up size it by half a size or so...

I think it might cold work on the mandrel for only a half size, but you may have to anneal it first. For annealing SS blades, I put them in an airtight foil pouch, heat them to 1450 or so and let the oven ramp down slowly overnight. I've got a ring mandrel, but never tried it with SS. My kids got a kick out of coin rings a while back, so that's pretty much all we ever did with it.

Back