2016 Blade Show - Gallery of Knives

Cory Martin Imaging

Here's the first batch of images I took at this years Blade Show.

Jim Coffee - Journeyman test knives. Congrats Jim on your new status!
JimCoffee1.jpg

JimCoffee2.jpg

Jess Hoffman - Budgeroo burl & W2 hunter.
JessHoffman.jpg

Jim Fleming - D2 with Sambar Stag hunter.
JimFleming.jpg

Jim Provost - His knives have some of the best polished finishes I've ever seen.
JimProvost1.jpg

Coffin bowie with cross-cut Mastodon tusk and engraving.
JimProvost2.jpg

JimProvost3.jpg

JimProvost4.jpg

Large fighter.
JimProvost6.jpg

This knife has a really cool story behind it. The handle material is wood from a 350 year old tree that General Stonewall Jackson and his men stopped to pray under.
It was blown over by some high winds a few years ago. It's been re-purposed and lives on!
JimProvost5.jpg

Eric Ochs - Blackwood carbon fiber, Zirco-Ti bolsters & clip, hand-rubbed satin with mirror finish on the AEB-L blade.
EricOchs.jpg

Kenneth George - Brand new maker, fellow Wisconsin resident, Blade was his first ever knife show. Integral S7 tool steel with Black Palm wood inlay.
KennethGeorge.jpg

Les Voorhies unveiled the new model designed by Faisal Yamin. This one is called the "Claymore".
Cerakote CTS-XHP blade, zirconium bolsters / back spacer, pearl carbon fiber handle material.
LesVoorhies.jpg

Rick Barrett - 1095 blade with Hamon line, zirconium pivot & clip, 2 Tritium vials in the Titanium back spacer.
RickBarrett1.jpg

Ron Best - "Phaze" flipper folder. Damasteel blade, zirconium frames, titanium back spacer & lock bar, Timascus inlays, pocket clip and pivot bezels.
RonBest1.jpg

Frank Fischer - New design, frame lock with Moku-Ti pocket clip and pivot bezels.
FrankFischer.jpg

I've still got about a dozen photos I'm finishing up, including a rare collaboration knife between legendary makers Cliff Parker & Don Hanson, III.

Should have everything up by this weekend.

awesome pics...
Cory will be at the hammer in with his photo equipment if someone is needing a pro picture or two...
t

Here's a few more photos...

This is the collaboration between Cliff Parker and Don Hanson. Cliff paid a visit to Don in his shop and Don helped Cliff make this slip joint. Cliff asked me to photograph it so both maker's marks were visible.

Great story, great makers, even GREATER knife!
ParkerHanson.jpg

Elizabeth Loerchner - Black Pearl Dagger.
ElizabethLoerchner.jpg

Ali Bastian - Carved carbon fiber, timascus flipper folder.
AlistairBastian.jpg

Cliff Parker - Walrus Ivory liner lock folder. "Walrus" mosiac bolsters, gold screws, titanium liners.
CliffParker.jpg

Milan Pokorny - "Claw" liner lock folder. Chad Nichols damascus blade / bolsters, Moku-Ti scales / back spacer / pocket clip. File worked and jeweled titanium liners.
MilanPokorny.jpg

Simon Andersen - "Odin" Flipper folder. "Thor" pattern Damasteel blade, zirconium bolsters, pocket clip and "floating" back spacer. Blue mammoth ivory scales.
SimonAndersen.jpg

Here's one from Ben Seward - W2 blade steel with hamon, carbon fiber guard, stainless spacer and black micarta handle.
BenSeward.jpg

Here's 1 of 3 that I made for the show. It's my "Sokar" model. S30V blade, acid / stonewashed finish, titanium frame lock with carbon fiber strip. Titanium hardware and clip.
CoryMartin1.jpg

Still working on a few more pics and I hope to have them ALL finished soon...waiting on customer approvals for the last few I have yet to post.

More to come tomorrow and Friday.

Thanks for looking.

Here's my last few from the show...

Warren Osborne - Damascus dagger with engraving by Julie Warenski. 14k gold integrated throughout...amazing, simply amazing!
WarrenOsborne.jpg

Here's the 2nd knife I made for the show. It's got 2 liners on each side, six 1/8" hardened stop pins running all the way through both liners and into the carbon fiber scales on each side.
The ends of each pin are polished and almost creates the illusion you can see through the entire knife, until you see your own face looking back at you.
S30V blade with heavy acid wash finish to create a "distressed" look.
CoryMartin3.jpg

Here's the 3rd and final knife I made for the show...it's got my "Reverse" san mai damascus blade, ladder pattern moku-ti bolsters, carbon fiber scales, titanium liners, screws and pocket clip.
The tiny "bubbles" you see in the hot-blued blade are a result of the bluing process are are unique to each blade and vary depending on materials used.
CoryMartin2.jpg

Last, and certainly not least, this folder by Rick Barrett was a MEGA challenge. He designed the pattern of the scales after an F4U "Corsair" fighter plane from WW2. He wanted me to incorporate that theme into the image. I came up with the idea that a bunch of plane engineers got together in some bunker, late at night, with their blue prints (yes, those are from the actual plane's mechanical and electrical schematics) and a few flashlights, and set out to make an experimental prototype. If you look closely, you'll see that Rick incorporated "rivets" into the design...subtle, but one of those tiny details that you might miss at first glance.
RickBarrett2.jpg

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words and taking the time to look at these pieces of art.

Until next time, take care.

Back