Transparent wood

But what is wood with out the grain and color for the beauty? It would be cool to try but not much different than clear lexan I think.

Since they're infusing the wood with epoxy as a last step, add some dye and you could have any color you'd want. I'll be somebody comes up with something cool with it.

OK so here is what jumped out at me!

Researchers from the University of Maryland devised a way to strip the colors and and chemicals from a block of wood to leave behind a clear, transparent material that’s stronger and more insulating than glass, and biodegrades better than plastic.bi·o·de·grad·a·ble

ˌbīōdəˈɡrādəb(ə)l/
adjective

• (of a substance or object) capable of being decomposed by bacteria or other living organisms.

Really this is what we are spending millions of dollars researching!!!!
:what!: How about a cure for cancer, heart disease, bringing down the cost of prescription medication, or here is a novel idea, a cure for the Zika virus. I would be willing to bet that a chunk of the funding for such a project comes from Government Grants, for R&D. In terms most can understand the taxpayer, IE us! :les:

You know I get that new things often come from discovers like this but it seems we could see our Universities doing more for the general public!!

OK I am done ranting and am officially stepping off of my soap box!

Last edited:
Back