Going in for repairs

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
On the 26th of this month I will be having my torn rotator cuff repaired. Please pray that this surgery goes well and that I don't do anything to screw things up during my recovery. Besides the right shoulder issues my right hand and wrist need fixing also. Going to see if while I am recovering from the shoulder they could possible do the hand and wrist. Pray also that my spirit remain strong!

Had total left shoulder replaced 1 year ago , the key is to do the therapy and to do it religiously and you will be as good as new. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Keep your head up! As mentioned above, DO YOUR REHAB THERAPY!! I've had both hips replaced in the last 18 months. It isn't always easy, but it's worth it in the end.
And I'll keep ya in prayer too.

I received a little set back yesterday afternoon from the surgeons office. I was told that the chest x ray I had Tuesday showed I have a small mass in my left lung. I should find out more today. Thanks for your prayers and please don't stop!

Ray, got you in my thoughts and prayers. Hey man get you some good reading for the recovery and leave the hammer alone!

I have a friend who had the same surgery and he tore it again before it healed riding his iron horse!!! The horse started down on a wet street and while man handling it,.........................he tore it again. The Doc looked him over and asked him which part of, don't use it, he didn't understand! Do I need to stitch it too your side after the next surgery??????

He told me I think the Doc is pi$$%$, I looked at him and said "you think"!!!! Just listen and you'll do great!!

Surgery has been canceled until the small mass my left lung is diagnosed properly. Hope to find out more once I have a ct scan but that date has not been set yet. I have an appointment with VA next Friday. It is at that time I hope to schedule the ct scan.

Please keep me in your prayers.....

Have patients, don't be in such a hurry.

I've stopped hurrying. Went to VA for check up and to schedule an appointment for for the CT Scan which is a week from today. Like I said I've been working on my patients. Please feel free to pray.

I'm sending special prayers for your lung issue...and some normal prayers for your other issues. It's scary. Stay strong and keep your faith. God will provide...

I know it's scary because I have recently gone through finding out that I have stage 4 lung cancer and have an operation scheduled for June 24. AND...God will provide.

Smithy,

I will be praying for you.

Got the CT Scan this morning and got the results over the phone, half of which I have already forgotten. Sounds like the mass is asbestos related although it sounds contained. Something to keep an eye on yearly. They also suspect the start of emphysema. Sounds like they want me to do some type of breathing test in the near future.

I'm new around here, but I have had both shoulders get rotater(SP) cuff work, my right wrist repaired and my right hand fixed as well. Add lower back surgery to that and I have some experience under the knife. Do exactly what the doc and therapist tell you. Stay on top of the pain. Don't do the whole "I'm a man and I can take it", or "I don't like taking pain medicine." TAKE them.If you are in pain you will not be so willing to do what the doc tells you and pain causes you to carry yourself and the repaired part of you wrong, making issues other places.

Good luck with the lung. Early diagnosis is key.

Raymond, Will be praying for you and calling out the troops to do the same.

Smithy, if you don't mind, I'll add your name as well in our chapel prayer time Sunday.

Ray, Haven't been around for awhile. Very sorry to hear your having some issues I wish you all the Best !!!
You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Your friend in Minnesota

A month now since I found out I was sick besides being broken. They put a name on what I have, Asbestos pleural disease. Not cancerous yet. Hope to hear if they will still do the shoulder surgery. Starting to wonder now.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers........

Back